Sewing For The Saints Blog

We all need and tip or two once in a while! So lets come together and help each other out with out with our learned tips and hints! There are self help videos below, please check them out!

Search S4TS Blog for your favorite post!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Skirt 4 School Play

Well yesterday my oldest reminded me that I needed to make a skirt for her play Thursday night. I can’t believe I forgot!! Sew, last night I measured out 3 strips of fabric about the same size. Folded them in half and sewed the loose seams together. When I was done, I didn’t have to finish around the bottom because the fold was there. The top strip was about 30 inches long and 44 inches wide. The middle and bottom strips were 17 inches wide and 44 inches long. I folded over the top and made a 2 to 3 inch seam, making sure I left enough room to insert the elastic for the waist. Sew down the seam in the back to close the dress. It took all of 30 minutes to make this skirt. It was very fun to do and my daughter LOVES it!! “Mommy, this is my favorite skirt now!” Always fun words to hear!!


No comments:

Post a Comment