Sewing For The Saints Blog

We all need and tip or two once in a while! So lets come together and help each other out with out with our learned tips and hints! There are self help videos below, please check them out!

Search S4TS Blog for your favorite post!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Free Valentine Sewing Projects + God Has Plans for You

Free Valentine Sewing Projects


  • Handmade keepsakes are a special way to treasure memories forever, whether they are romantic or family related. Whatever your skill level or time limit, there is a project for you. If you are on a budget or simply want to show how much you care, send your valentine something homemade and straight from the heart.

  • Little Knitted Hearts

  • Fill a box with knitted, stuffed hearts and wrap in a ribbon for your valentine. Use the free pattern at MochiMochiLand.com, and embroider some words on each heart or just leave them plain for a cute, eclectic Valentine's Day sewing project.

  • Fabric Book

  • If you have a while to spend on making a gift, create a whimsical fabric book using a tutorial by Belle and Burger. Fabric books make use of bits of material hidden in your cupboard and allow your creativity to run wild. Using an ink stamp, you can write words that describe the person you are making it for, write a message to the one you love or write song lyrics that mean something to the two of you. Another way of personalizing the book is to sew in some photographs of happy times together.

  • Valentine Pillow

  • Make a heart pillow using a free tutorial from ThePolkaDotChair.com. This project doesn't require a great deal of sewing skill, just a basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine. The heart pillow will not take up too much time, so it's a good one to choose if you have a quiet evening to spare. Arrange the pillow on the bed or couch and it will not look out of place for the rest of the year.

  • Valentine Piggy Pillow

  • If you have a reasonable amount of time to spend on making your gifts, then consider crafting several cute pigs, complete with little hearts stitched on their bottoms. Perfect for a funny valentine or for children, this project is quite versatile. Craft Passion suggests putting magnets in the snouts so the pair of pigs can kiss or sizing the pattern up and down to make big pigs and little pigs.



  • Heart of Hearts image by Towards Ithaca from Fotolia.com



    God Has Plans for You

    For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
    Ephesians 2:10

    God has a good plan for each one of us, but not all of us experience it. Many times we live far below the standard that God intends for us to enjoy. For years I did not exercise my rights and privileges as a child of God. This occurred for two reasons. The first was, I did not even know I had any rights or privileges. Although I was a Christian and believed I would go to heaven when I died, I did not know that anything could be done about my past, present, or future.

    The second reason I lived far below the level of life God intended for me was very simply the wrong way I perceived and felt about myself. I had a poor self-image and it affected my day-to-day living as well as my outlook for the future. GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU! For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome (Jeremiah 29:11).

    If you have a poor self-image as I did, I recommend that you read the story of Mephibosheth, which is found in the ninth chapter of 2 Samuel. It greatly affected my life and I believe it will do the same for you. It will help you see not only why you are living far below the level that God intends for you now, but also why you are in danger of missing out on what He has in mind for you in the future.


    From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment