Sewing For The Saints Blog

We all need and tip or two once in a while! So lets come together and help each other out with out with our learned tips and hints! There are self help videos below, please check them out!

Search S4TS Blog for your favorite post!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Magnetic Board, Holding Pattern Instructions + Walking in the Spirit

Magnetic Board, Holding Pattern Instructions

Use a magnetic board to hold your pattern instruction sheet while you sew. The instructions are then visible and don't get lost under fabric or pattern pieces. Some sewing table don’t face a wall, or you could just pin the instructions to the wall (or better yet, a strip of cork adhered to the wall).

The boards are made by Lo Ran and are usually sold in the needlework section of craft stores. They're intended to hold the pattern sheets for cross stitch or needlepoint but I don't see why they don't market them to sewers too! The beige boards come in many sizes and sit on a folding plastic easel. You can get them complete with the easel and a couple of magnetic strips.


Walking in the Spirit

But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the[Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).
Galatians 5:16


When God speaks, He divides the thoughts of our soul from the truth in our spirit and brings to life His purposes in us. When I became a student of the Word, I didn't know when I was operating in the soul and when I was operating in the spirit. I didn't know when I was operating emotionally until I studied God's Word and learned to operate by faith in His promises.

When I wanted something, I just tried to make it happen. I tried in all the wrong ways. If I wasn't getting my way, I pouted and threw fits. Sometimes I wouldn't talk to Dave for days on end, hoping to manipulate him to give in and give me what I wanted. All I cared about was what I wanted. I was carnal, selfish, self-centered, and extremely miserable because I was all wrapped up in myself.

Many people get into a relationship with God hoping that He will give them what they want. Their life prayer is a list of everything they want. Consequently, they remain baby Christians all their lives. They slip in the door of heaven when they die, but they never have victory in this life. They never learned to listen to God and hear what He wants for them. We cannot walk in the flesh and have victory or be truly happy! We cannot spend our lives seeking to satisfy our own appetites and still affect anybody else's life in a positive way. It is not possible. If we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of our flesh.


From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment